Monday, September 29, 2008

October

Many things going on in this month that i'm stoked for.
I'll see how many of these functions, which i've deemed as great, I will actually attend.

First off Cro-Mags will be playing an all-ages free show on October 8th, 2008 at the Nike Sportswear Vine St. Theater in Hollywood. Only band I dig pushing that NYHC style. We're all seekers of the truth...

Second of all Badmouth at The Hickey Underworld. After researching this place it turns out that it's a house which belongs to a member(s) of the band Cut The Line. I've seen a few pictures of this place and it's inside a living room & people are straight gettin' hurt inside! all over the place!! Brew & Bud everywhere? At least for the Mouth's set.


The following day will be overflowing with Friends & Fun!
The Rock concert of the century! Whittiers pals in attendance.
Gorilla Biscuits? Yes! Disco Biscuits? Nah! 

Other artists/bands will be added. I read somewhere that Between The Buried & Me were playing. I hope that's a fact & not a lie because those guys are insanly good. Talented. I could careless if you rendered all and future opinions of mine as dumb because of my musical interests. It just shows me how much of your brain you actually utilize. 

The following weekend Badmouth will be playing another house show. Houses rule so long as the show doesn't get shut down. Playing in someones backyard or house adds to that DIY ethic/feeling and that is awesome. We'll be playing with our bestest buds Amongst Wolves & Moon Skull as a means to help their friend earn money for a trip she has planned to D.C. 

Tuesday, October 21st 
Q&A with Ian McKaye (Minor Threat, Fugazi, Teen Idels) at UCI.

FUCK SCHOOL. FUCK WORK. 
FUCK RESPONSIBILITY. FUCK ALL OBLIGATIONS. 
PURE INSPIRATION SPAWNED FROM THIS MAN. 

We're granted the opportunity pick at his brain & taste his thoughts. 
What more could we ask for? 

October 25th & 26th Badmouth returns!
We'll be playing at The Grananda Theater on the 25th in Ontario with Moon Skull & Amongst Wolves and a few others once more. This place ruled first time we played it. Very good reaction and they treated us very well. I might head over to Monster Massive after, but only if i can get in for free. 

The following day, October 26th, we'll be in North Hollywood @ the Cobalt Cafe with our pals in Anxiety Attack & this super good band called Restrained.
One week later will be Friday, October 31st, 2008.
My 22nd birthday. Exciting? Not really, just the stinging reminder that with wisdom comes wrinkly skin & a head of thinning hair.

Have Heart, Blacklisted, CEREMONY, very unimportant band lacking talent & intellectual lyrical content, & Creatures will be tearing it up this night at Chain Reaction. Chain Reaction always has a Hardcore Halloween show & this years seems to be a good one despite one lame band. As of late I don't back any of the shows or the actions being taken over at Chain Reaction, but this is a great show. I'll be attending. Creatures are good people and their jams are heavy. Blacklisted hits close to home with the lyrical content. CEREMONY. CEREMONY.  Enough said.
 
Right after Ceremony's set I'll be heading out to Los Angeles for Hard Haunted Mansion.
 
Justice, Simian Mobile Disco, Boys Noize, Crystal Castles, Crookers, Destructo & DJ AM.

I'm way stoked on this party. So many taltented bands & dj's I don't even know how i'll be able to catch them all. A lot of my close pals will be here celebrating the night away with me. 

October, thus far, proves to be the most rewarding and exciting month of 2008 for me. 

No comments: